1. After Opening the installation CD Right Click on setup and choose “Run as administrator”.
2. Click on installation left pane and click on “New SQL server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation” at right pane.
3. On next screen “Setup support Rules” will come and installation should pass all the rules as shown, click ok button to continue.
4. SQL Server will check for Product Update click on next to install
5. After downloading the required files installer will Install the downloaded files as shown in the screen and after successful installation it will ask for system restart, restart the system to continuee installation process.
6. After restarting, the system will restore to installation point and ask you to continue. So, choose “Perform a new installation of SQL Server 2012” or “Add Features to existing instance of SQL Server 2012”. Choose the second option, if SQL Server 2012 it is not installed at your system.
7. Provide the necessary product key and click on next button to proceed with installation.
8. Click on the checkbox “I accept the license terms” if agree with the terms and conditions and click on next
9. Choose the features for Installation. For Reporting Services please check “Reporting Services-Native” checkbox and click on next button to proceed for installation.
10. Please proceed with other steps of the installation procedure marked with red color in the image given below. Our current installation steps is “License Terms” and other steps are Installation “Feature selection”, “Disk Space Requirement” etc . As the scope of this document was reporting services we are re restricting only on this.
11. Once the Reporting Services are installed, we have to ensure that Reporting Services is successfully installed and working. We have to check following two parameters to ensure it.
(a). Check for your SQL Server Database the two databases must be present “ReportServer” and “ReportServerTempDB” as shown below.
(b). GO to Start>All Programs>Microsoft SQL Server 2012>Configuration Tools>Reporting Services Configuration Manager and open the reporting configuration tool.
Click on Connect button and now click on “Web Service URL” link in the left pane and now click on URL marked in the red color.
On clicking the URL the system will ask for administrator user’s ID and password, provide the same the screen similar to below screen will appear at your system confirming the reporting services is successfully installed at your system.